Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Weekly Recap

Hey Everyone!

Lately I've been busy with work but also working on projects that I will blog about soon including some new recipes, a chalkboard, and developments with my garden. But today I thought it would be fun to just blog about some of the adventures I've been on these last few weeks. I like to do a lot more than just chill in my garden and cook, I promise!

So here is the evidence.

My friend's backyard.. or Narnia.. 
He's been trying to get me to help him take care of his ivy problem...  I just don't know how I would even begin to tackle that.

Honky Tonk Central
The best live music bar I've ever been to in the heart of Nashville. I went here with some friends during the Indian wedding weekend extravaganza and it was a lot of fun. Definitely check it out if you're ever in Nashville. And be sure to order their chicken finger basket, they make their own batter and it is amazing!
Nashville Airport
There was a live jazz band playing in the airport terminal when we arrived in Nashville. It was a pleasant surprise. And we were so glad to get out of DC for the weekend. They should do this at every airport, it makes traveling feel like a vacation.

Space shuttle Discovery
The space shuttle discovery is currently on display at the Udvar-Hazy Center. This is part of the Air and Space museum in DC, but it is located just outside of the city in Dulles, VA by the Dulles Airport. It is worth the drive if you've never been, they have every airplane, satellite, missile on display that you could dream of. Including the Enola Gay, a stealth aircraft, and of course, the space shuttle. 


This was the beautiful wedding ceremony I attended 2 weeks ago. Best wedding i've ever been to. Hands down. This was inside the Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville, TN. 


Some henna to start off the wedding weekend! My mom had a meltdown thinking it was permanent. I had to reassure her that it washes off about a million times. 

I still can't believe that the Indian wedding weekend is over. It was such an amazing experience and so much fun. I wish I could relive it. The weekend away made me realize that I need to take more weekends away from DC. The city is just too depressing to be living in these days, with everything going on with Congress and the government, it really gets to be too much. I am looking forward to getting away this 4th of July to go up to Cape Cod with some friends. I know, I know, why leave DC for the 4th? Tourists. That's why. It gets so so so crowded it is really annoying going anywhere and dealing with the massive crowds of people. Plus this year, they aren't doing all the traditional festivities for the 4th because of sequestration, so there really isn't much of an incentive to stick around. 

Let's hope the cape isn't as crowded as DC for the 4th! 

No comments:

Post a Comment