Monday, August 5, 2013

Honey Lemon Glaze Chicken

So as you can see, I am obviously still having computer issues and struggling to upload new posts to the blog on a regular basis =( but hopefully in the coming months I will be able to replace my computer! In the meantime, bare with me, I will be borrowing computers every weekend so that I can upload new posts as well as facebook troll and check emails.

For today, I have an easy honey lemon glaze chicken recipe. The flavor is mild and a little sweet, but it is simple and delicious. It is from my favorite cookbook La Tartine Gourmande.

Ingredients

Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp of honey
1 tbsp of chopped oregano
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup of olive oil
sea salt and pepper
8 chicken drumsticks
4 green zebra tomatoes
1/4 cup of unpitted kalamata olives
1/4 cup cold water
1 tbsp chopped parsley
4 chopped potatoes
2 corns cut in half

Directions

Mix the lemon juice, honey, oregano, garlic and oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken in an oven dish and coat with the sauce. I marinated the chicken for a few hours in this sauce for extra flavor! Preheat the oven to 375 and add the tomatoes (quartered), olives, and 1/4 cup of the water to the chicken and bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown.

Take the potatoes and cook them in a pot with boiling water and a little bit of salt until done. Also place the corn in a pot of boiling water and cook until the kernels are soft and have a little bit more color to them. If you leave them cooking for too long, they will get too crunchy. 


When the chicken is done, allow to cool, and serve with the potatoes and corn. Add the parsley to the chicken. I like to use the extra sauce from the chicken to drip over the potatoes for some flavor. 


I had lots of left overs for the next couple of nights and it re-heated well. This is a quick and easy recipe to make during the work week. You can also slice up some french bread to dip in the sauce with your meal, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment