Friday, May 3, 2013

Cinco de Mojito Part Uno

Forget Cinco de Mayo, this weekend I am celebrating Cinco de Mojito! Ayayayayayaya!


Just kidding..

Sort of.

Most kids my age (kids?) celebrate this day by drinking motherloads of (usually cheap) tequilas, margaritas, daquiris and anything else that sounds remotely Mexican in origin. I on the other hand, like to spend this day eating ridiculous amounts of Mexican food. Because who doesn't like food? Have you ever had authentic Mexican food? It is AMAZING! So for this special "holiday" post, I have the perfect recipe to share for your weekend festivities; delicious Mahi Mahi fish tacos with homemade crema and pico de gallo. This is my favorite fish taco recipe hands down. And this year I decided to pair it with some blackberry mojitos with fresh mint from my garden... even though I am secretly angry that my blackberry and lemon plants take soooo long to bloom and give me fruit that I had to go buy lemons and blackberries instead. Still.. when they do.. get ready for some lemon/blackberry recipe overload.

But before I begin to stuff my face with tacos, I'd like to share this mojito recipe to kick start the weekend food binge festivities. Because otherwise, I will be in a food coma and who knows when i'll be alive again to blog. With that said..

Blackberry Mojitos anyone?

Even though Mojitos are a Cuban drink (sorry Mexicans), I still like to drink them with my fish tacos. And I prefer them over Margaritas and Daquiris. Especially during beautiful 70 degree weather. Margaritas and Daquiris, although delicious, can be a bit too sugary for my taste. Plus, I have never quite gotten used to the flavor of tequila. Sorry Jose Cuervo. So here's what you'll need for this cocktail.

Driscoll's Blackberry Mojitos

Mojito
12 blackberries
12 large mint leaves
4 tsp of sugar
1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp of fresh lime juice
1/2 cup of seltzer water or club soda
1/4 cup of white rum
8 ice cubes

Directions
Muddle balckberries, mint, sugar, lemon juice and lime juice until berries are almost crushed. Add seltzer, rum and ice. Stir well and serve. 

And there you have it. A refreshing mojito to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. I will save the fish tacos recipe for tomorrow's post! So come back and check it out if you want a food coma this weekend!

Hasta Manana!

No comments:

Post a Comment