Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Balcony Tour

Hey everyone,

I've been writing posts about gardening and I figured I write another one with a quick tour of my balcony.


As you can see I have quite a lot of different things growing. I have hanging baskets with flowers, vegetables, herbs, fruits, and pet grass. I organized the different pots around according to how the sun lights up the balcony during certain times of the day so my plants get the exposure that they need. 

I haven't taken care to spray paint and spruce up my containers because I worry about the chemicals from spray paint eventually leeching into the soil and being absorbed by my plants. I can always avoid painting the inside of the pot, but for now, I am going to be extra careful until I find a safe way to paint them. 

I did make room in my balcony for some chairs and a table. I got the table at Target and the chairs are mementos from college. I also recently bought this indoor/outdoor rug at Target. It is from their Threshold collection, which I really like. I think the rug makes the area look more inviting.

And finally I got this white container at Target to store all of my gardening tools/materials/extras.


I do have some Christmas lights around the railing of the balcony, which makes it look more inviting and a little romantic at night. I also need to hang the birdhouses I painted (you can read about that here) as well as the long flower bed.


I would like to organize the storage bin a little bit better and get a small outdoor rug for where the door is so dirt doesn't get dragged indoors. I am limited on space, but this current set up is a nice little getaway from all of the hustle and bustle of the city. Check out the beautiful flowers I planted! They are blooming like crazy! Can't wait to hang this flower bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment