Monday, June 18, 2012

A Little Farmer's Market

Hey all!

This weekend was absolutely gorgeous! It was sunny, warm, and a little breezy.. perfect weather for hanging out outdoors and enjoying the best summer has to offer. This weekend was very busy for me, I tried out a new lemon and honey chicken recipe, went clothes shopping for the man friend, went out to brunch with friends, but most importantly, I went to the farmer's market.

Farmer's markets hold a special place in my heart. Ever since my college days in Madison, WI, I have been obsessed with going to every market I can find. Unfortunately for me, Madison has been hard to top. There's nothing like going to a market that encircles a beautiful state capitol with its many vendors. From delicious cheese breads to cheese curds and jams. There was a little bit of everything for everyone, all a few steps away from a beautiful lake and outdoor terrace where you could enjoy some Wisconsin beer (spotted cow, anyone?) or fresh made ice cream! The best time of the year in Madison was definitely the summer, and my summers in Madison were unforgettable.

Still, i have managed to find a very small but quality farmer's market in my current city and i took a picture of my favorite bakery stand. This place makes every type of bread, muffin and cookies imaginable and sometimes they give you great deals if you buy a lot (i often score some free and delicious almond cookies!)

I left the market this weekend with a bag full of  chocolate milk, yogurt, breads, almond cookies, quiche  and prosciutto! So delicious! I love weekends spent buying local foods and eating them outdoors! For some reason, food bought at farmer's market always tastes a million times better than if i had bought them at the grocery store. I think someday I will expand my balcony garden into a huge farm and make my own milk, cheese and ice cream... I'll prob need to invest in a quality fitness trainer too.. hahaha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment